Re: pronunciation of daemon

On Thu, Feb 10, 2000 at 09:09:07AM -0000, Patrick Kirk wrote:
> all the time.  So the pronounciation of Linus and Linux is a question of
> accent.  Finns say it one way; English speakers another; both are equally
> valid as would any other accent.

If you met Linus Torvalds, would you call him Lie-nus, the traditional
American/Australian pronounciation? You might, but I personally would
not as I think it would be rude. His name is pronounced Lee-nus; you
can download the recording of him saying it from sunsite.
The same applies to Linux.

Hamish