Re: Firewall or router

The laptop needs the following settings:
- Gateway - your Debian box (192.168.2.1)
- a route to the 192.168.2.x network

The Debian box needs:
- forwarding enabled
- Gateway - your FreeBSD pc (192.168.1.1)
- a route to the 192.168.2.x network
- a route to the 192.168.1.x network

The FreeBSD box will probably have to be configured to forward packets
from 192.168.2.x as well as 192.168.1.x (unless you configured it to NAT
to 192.168.x.x in the first place). I don't know much about FreeBSD, but
to do this in Linux I would add an extra ipchains (ipfwadm for 2.0.x
kernel) rule to MASQ to that network, as well as the original one.

Matthew