Re: Why? mktime() failed unexpectedly (rc -1). Aborting.

On Wed, Feb 09, 2000 at 01:54:59PM -0500, David Teague wrote:

> The machine is quite old, still has an ISA bus, circa 1993, running
> Linux 2.0. Ihe hwclock version is ... lesseee
>
> # hwclock --show
> mktime() failed unexpectedly (rc -1).  Aborting.
> # hwclock --version
> hwclock 2.1/util-linux 2.6
>
> OK? This didn't occur before the millenium, and may be similar to
> your situation. I HOPE you know a fix. If now, I will put another
> MB in it.

Yeah, this is a rather old version of hwclock, the version in potato is
2.4/2.10 I think.  The easiest thing would be to get a newer
util-linux, or if that would require a lot of dependencies for you,
download the source and just compile a newer hwclock for yourself.

It may have got messed up on 1/1/2000 because somehow the century
byte got changed in an unexpected fashion when it changed.

-Kevin
--
Kevin A. Foss ---- kfoss@mint.net