Read-only File-system!

Hey,

I recompiled my kernel and then I logged in a few times without problems. I
was using gomconfig (I thought that would get sound working in WMaker and
in games), but after that I got /dev/cdrom permission errors in xmcd.  I
edited the /etc/group file so that I was in the audio, cdrom, floppy, and
disk groups.  I think adding myself to disk screwed me up, because now I
can't log in without getting the error:

Unable to open tty /dev/tty1:  Read only file-system.

Can I fix this (with my rescue disk or something)?

Thanks,
Cameron Matheson