Re: Buying Debian Preinstalled

|> I'm about ready to go out and buy a new computer.  I'd really like
|> to buy a system with Debian preinstalled.  I called VA Linux, and
|> even though they sell Debian, they won't sell me a computer with
|> Debian on it.  Penguin uses Red Hat as well.

You can order custom-built systems from Kachina Technologies with
Debian installed (in fact that's their focus):

Kachina Technologies, Inc.
PO Box 9307
Albuquerque, NM 87119-9307
info@KachinaTech.COM

Indy Box and Linux Systems Labs also do this:

www.indybox.com
www.lsl.com

In the UK, there's:

Space-Time Systems
E-Mail:  spacetimesystems@dial.pipex.com
Web-site:  http://www.spacetimesystems.dial.pipex.com
Address:   Kiln Lane, Leigh Sinton, Malvern, Worcs
Telephone:  0796 7000291

I bought a system with Debian pre-installed some years ago from Promox
Solutions (in Sunnyvale then), but there were some ways in which their
inexperience with the distribution was apparent and caused problems.

Jim