Re: oracle 8i

Tiago,

  I had a problem where I was getting errors about missing files and
unreferenced symbols after a number of installs.  Someone pointed out
that
they had made an extra 250MB swapfile before installing.

  The machine had 256M of physical ram as well as a 128 meg swap
partition, but I figured I'd give it a go.  I created a 250 meg swap
file
on one of the partitions, mounted it and redid the Oracle install.  Lo
and behold, the installation went through without a hitch (other than
the issues you mention below and some binaries not being set
executable).

Give it a try.

Steve