Re: Desperate Question...

On Tue, Feb 08, 2000 at 05:47:42PM -0700, B.C. Computer wrote:
> Debian,
>
>         I have been asking this question for a while now, on your
>         newsgroups and the debian chatroom. And so far no one has even
>         offered an answer. My question is this: Why is it that the
>         gnome-apt package from the Potato, or Frozen, distribution is
>         dependant on a package that doesn't exist and has never
>         existed? I recently built several linux systems for some
>         customers, and on  the first two, gnome-apt installed fine,
>         with no dependance errors. The last few came up with
>         gnome-apt, a package that my customers need quite badly,
>         having a dependance failure. It required libapt-pkg2.6. Yet,
>         upon investigation, the libapt-pkg2.6 package does not exist,
>         according to your web based package lookup tool. Is there any
>         chance I can get this package, in whatever unstable state it
>         exists? Or could I have the source code for this package, so
>         that I can compile and install the library myself? I would
>         really, really appreciate it. :) Thanx!
>
> Jon Rista archon_s@hotmail.com

See bug report #57283 -- It's known problem. It'll either be fixed
before Potato is released, or the package will be dropped.  Remember
that Potato has not been officially released, so there are bugs. Use at
your own peril.

| Eric G. Miller                        egm2@jps.net |
| GnuPG public key: http://www.jps.net/egm2/gpg.asc  |