Re: oracle 8i

Hi,

It works great. There was nothing Red Hat specific as far as I could
tell.

There are a few tiny problems like the awk problem you discovered (just
link /bin/awk to /usr/bin/awk) and their script oraenv didn't work until
I'll fixed it. Also they install a few scripts in /usr/bin (oraenv,
coraenv) without asking, which is annoying on Debian. Other than that it
went well, unless I'm forgetting something.

I didn't install it on a production machine and I also installed the
standard edition, so your mileage may vary.

Chris Schleifer