Re: scsi support

> i'm trying to install linux (first red hat, now debian) and in both
> instances they fail to see my hard drives.  My suspicion is that my onboard
> scsi controller on my Abit BP6 is not supported as of now.  If you could
> please either verify or refute this suspicion i would be most gracious.

> Abit uses the highpoint 366 scsi controller on thier BP6 boards...i have the
> most recent bios loaded.

The Highpoint 366 is an Ultra ATA 66 IDE controller, not a SCSI controller.
There is experimental support for the HPT366, but it is beta code and should
be treated accordingly. There is a mini-HOWTO available at,

http://www.csie.ntu.edu.tw/~b6506063/hpt366/

and the kernel patches are available at,

http://opensource.captech.com/LinuxIDE/

I would not expect to see support for this controller available in Debian or
RedHat until it becomes part of the stable kernel officially, so probably not
until a release based on kernel 2.4.(at least six months to a year from now)

--
Matt Taggart
matt@taggart.cwx.net