Re: email

On Sun, Feb 06, 2000 at 11:52:40PM -0800, davidturetsky wrote:
> It's on COM2... US Robotics 56k Voice Win... ah... is the "win" suggestive
> of the culprit?

Yes, that looks like the problem. Some of those USR modems are certainly
Winmodems. See http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html .

> I also have another 56K non-voice (and hopefully) non-win modem lying around
> from my old Gateway computer

Break it out.

> Is this starting to sound like I oughta install it in addition and (say) run
> it off of COM1 when on Linux?

Doesn't matter. Wherever the modem lives is appropriate. Mine shows up
on /dev/ttyS1 for instance.

| Eric G. Miller                        egm2@jps.net |
| GnuPG public key: http://www.jps.net/egm2/gpg.asc  |