Re: [*] about x

On Sun, Feb 06, 2000 at 06:37:26PM +0100, Philip Lehman wrote:
> >i had used redhat for some time, and now i turn to debian(2.1r4).i
> >found my debian run xdm auotmatic, i don't like this, how can i
> >change it? when use redhat,edit the file /etc/initab, and set init 3
> >to default will be ok, but debian is quite different.
>
> If I remeber correctly, there is an option in /etc/X11/config;
> something like "run-xdm". Change that to "no-run-xdm" or put a '#' on
> front of it.

Actually, xdm by default is started for each multi-user runlevel with
the script /etc/init.d/xdm. Just remove the link from /etc/rc2.d that
looks like "S99xdm" and it won't start in runlevel 2 (the debian
default). Same for every other run-level, links are in /etc/rcN.d.
| Eric G. Miller                        egm2@jps.net |
| GnuPG public key: http://www.jps.net/egm2/gpg.asc  |