My First Debian Install

Thanks to everyone who coached me on this during my adventures
following the "destruction" of the MBR.

I ended up reinstalling Corel Linux, which again gave me a lilo in the
MBR capable of booting either Corel Linux or Windows (actually NT's
boot manager which allows me to select either NT or 98). I then
installed Debian Linux to my slave drive and made its one partition
(not counting the swap) bootable, but selecting "boot from floppy" to
avoid screwing up the MBR. Then I booted Corel Linux, mounted
the Debian Linux partition and added Debian Linux to Corel Linux's
lilo menu.

I now have access to all of my OSes, and even though it's not quite as
convenient as a single menu to everything, I'm inclined to leave well
enough alone. <g>

I might add that the Debian Linux install went very well, but only
because I had been advised to buy McCarty's _Learning Debian
GNU/Linux_. I followed his procedure with the exception of choosing
the Basic install. I think I selected Dialup instead, because its
description sounded more like me.

Entering startx just generated an error which sounded like the X setup
didn't get saved or something. I'm going to do some more studying of
the situation before I cry for help on this.

Lane

----
Lane Lester / Madison County, Georgia USA
----