Re: MBRs Are Dangerous Things

I don't know if this will help or not, but here it is anyway..

When I first mess around with multi boot, I mucked up the MBR
as well.

One solution was to boot up the system with a DOS bootup disk,
and runt "fdisk /mbr". That will put DOS back in control however.
Use this method if you use loadlin to boot up Linux from DOS.

The other solution that I know of is to boot the system up with
a Linux boot up disk (do you see a patern here?). Then fix up
/etc/lilo.conf or whatever else you need for the system to boot
and then run /sbin/lilo, and hopefully everything will be sweet.

I don't think that reinstalling is necessary for messing up the
MBR.

MB.