'Network unreachable' to the localhost?

Hi,

I use Debian on an old 486. I removed a lot of packages (especially
networking) for speed. Now when I decided to install a printer, I installed
the 'lprng' package.

'~#echo hallo > /dev/lp1' works as expected (staircase, but it works)

'~$echo hallo | lpr' gives a message similar to 'network unreachable, could
not reach lp@localhost'

So I probably removed something I now need, but is not depended on my
lprng... I just reinstalled 'netbase'. What should I reinstall more?

Arnout
arnout.engelen@beer.com