Pronounciation of Linux that important?

Hi,

I just read this article and thought the beginning was rather harsh:
http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,34079,00.html

Is the pronunciation of the word 'Linux' that much of an issue? So
what if we don't pronounce it like Linus pronounces it? Words are
adapted differently in each language. In some, 'Debian' might be
Debby-In while in others it might be Debby-On and in others the
Debby might be replaced with the 'Debi' in Debit. I don't see anything
wrong with people adapting words like that to their languages and it
seems rather petty of people to bicker about that. Some people
pronounce GIF with a soft G and others with a hard one. Why is
this bothering people?

--
Bart Szyszka  bart@gigabee.com  ICQ:4982727
GigaBee Interactive  http://www.gigabee.com