Re: Debian Package Installer

On Thu, Feb 03, 2000 at 10:30:42PM -0500, TroPeek wrote:
> Which program is used the most for installing and desinstaller packages
> in Debian? Dselect or dpkg? Are there any others?

Let's see ... dselect.  Oh yeah, I remember that one.  I haven't even
touched that program in over a year.  I started with Slink off of CDROM,
upgraded to Potato via the internet, and have also installed and
deinstalled bunches of packages.  Mostly I use apt, with occasional
back-up from dpkg.  IIRC apt came about either with potato or late in
Slaink - I really don't remember.  But at any rate it *should* be there
on your drive somewhere.

I never did like dselect all that much.  If I want to find what's available,
I either check Debian's web site or look through the Package.gz files that
apt downloads.

So, yes there are others out there.  And apt works quite well.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD           |  "Where do you want to go today?"
ICQ# 12934898                 |  "As far from Redmond as possible!"