answering my own lynx question

Hmm, I would have *sworn* that this stuff wasn't in /etc/lynx.cfg
lasttime I looked.  Once I had the source, I read debian/README.debian,
and found the answer to my problems :)

The color answer:  These settings look nice on the crummy screen,
but they have an interesting idea of what "white" means :)

COLOR:0:black:white
COLOR:1:blue:white
COLOR:2:yellow:blue
COLOR:3:green:black
COLOR:4:magenta:white
COLOR:5:blue:white
COLOR:6:red:white
COLOR:7:magenta:cyan

As for the external viewer,

EXTERNAL:http:xterm -T lynx -e lynx %s & : TRUE

does just what I need. I suppose I could try to get greedy,
and come up with a script to number  lynx viewr, or use
sed in `` to name it something else, but the point is to conserve
resources so I can continue working.  Removing netscape from
my life can certainly do this . . .

(But now I want another key in addition to . so that I can have
wget, too :)