Installing printer on stripped-down machine

Hello,

I am trying to install a printer (HP deskjet 510) on an old machine. I have removed a lot of packages here, especially much of the networking. 'echo hallo >/dev/lp1' as root works. I installed the lprng package. 'echo hallo | lpr' gave some confusing error messages (sorry, don't remember), one of which concerned /etc/service, which didn't exist. I grepped the contents file and installed the netbase package, which provided this file. Now 'echo hallo | lpr' gives a 'network unreachable' error. What package should I reinstall? Or is there an other solution to get it working? I want, eventually, to print ghostscript files, and possible process text with (La)TeX. (but hd space is getting low... 30mb now)

Arnout
arnout.engelen@beer.com