Re: compiling an old kernel

On Tue, Feb 01, 2000 at 21:38:09 +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> I didn't try it, but even early 2.2.x kernel had problems with egcs. It's
> the best if you install an old gcc (package altgcc).

altgcc is for compiling libc5 binaries. You mean gcc272.

Personally, I'm compiling my 2.2.x kernels with gcc 2.95.2, but I suspect
there are still some configurations where that could cause problems.

Ray
--
UNFAIR  Term applied to advantages enjoyed by other people which we tried
to cheat them out of and didn't manage. See also DISHONESTY, SNEAKY,