diald & masquerading

I'm using diald on a 2.3.41 machine to provide dial on demand and masquerading
for another machine.

I've got it to work once with the ipmasq package and a custom netfilter build,
but when it dis- and then reconnected, nothing worked anymore, not even the
'router' could access the outside world.

Can anyone tell me briefly what to do or point me to appropriate

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free  -- Linus Torvalds
Michel Dänzer                             ///           mdaenzer@earthling.net
                                     __  /// 	     AmigaOS/Linux(Debian/PPC)
Student of computer science at the   \\\///   Team *AMIGA*      ICQ #: 5675698
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology \\\/   AUGS member #163      IRC: CoOpER