Re: STILL can't install!!!

On Mon, Jan 31, 2000 at 01:10:38PM -0700, dkphoto wrote:
: I have dselect installing, but it seems to be taking an extraordinarily
: long time to work. About how long should the install of a 500+ meg
: profile take with a 68K Mac? It's been installing just xemacs for about
: an hour now, and it was working for a good two hours before that.

Why don't you open up a virtual console and see what's going on?  `ps'
and `df' should give you a good indication of what's happening.  I'd also
take a look at /var/log/syslog and /var/log/messages - as I recall from
one of your previous emails your SCSI bus wasn't healthy.

Depending on what sort of 68k you have, it can be quite slow as they are
similar to a 386 or 486 in performance.  I'm hating life whenever one of
my Bay ARNs needs to do something processor intensive, and that's a
68030

--
Nathan Norman                    Network Magician, Eclectic Engineer
GPG Key ID 1024D/51F98BB7