Re: problem writing CDs

ferret@phonewave.net writes:

> Did you change blank type?
I have tried with the same blanks that worked; still error

> Could be software. Did you update cdrecord between it writing and it not
> writing?
yes

I will try with an old cdrecord.
I also updated the kernel so this could be a driver error;

the error sometimes happens at the beginning and sometimes
it writes 630Mo before the error;

> Could still be hardware. Mine was. :/ The cheap Memorex green/silver
> noname blanks flaked apart in my drive and shot the write laser. I sent it
> back for repair, and now it no longer recognises those blanks. ;P

I even could write a short CD without error so I don't think
the laser is out of order.

Hubert