Re: crash diagnostics

On Sat, Jan 29, 2000 at 11:31:30AM -0800, aphro wrote:
> try running your mahcine w/o a swap partition setup to see if the problem
> persists, (its just a shot in the dark..) you may have bad sectors on the
> drive where the swap partition resides.

Is it possible to start linux w/o a swap partition? I checked the drive
(UW-SCSI) with the diagnostic program of the Adaptec-Controller and didn't
found any bad blocks.

I think it's rather a problem with the RAM. I just checked a core after
a program failed with seg fault. The message found ("Cannot access memory
in 0xa346e32") points to a RAM problem. I think I really have to exchange my
RAM.

 Werner