Unidentified subject!

hello.
since i turned off bsd compression (in my last email) i've been getting really
slow connections through my gateway machine. i don't think this is because of
the compression though. my gateway is a 486 33MHz with 16M of RAM. i'm thinking
it's old hardware that's slowing down the connection. would i be right?

does anyone know of any problems involved with connecting from linux to NT with
bsd compression turned on or off? i had a lot of troubles with it turned on
(nobody's replied to my last email concerning this i believe).

thanks

from

da Bobstopper