incorrect time on boot by 6 years???

Hello,

I have seen this problem now on several different Linux only computers
(no ntp), running frozen potato. At first, I thought it was a problem
with the specific computer, but now I am beggining to wonder...

Anyway, the problem: After rebooting the computer, the year resets
from 2000 to 1994. The rest of the date and time looks OK. I don't
think this happens on every reboot, but don't often reboot either.

/etc/init.d/hwclock start doess nothing, ie the incorrect time is in
the hardware clock.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>