help with displaying true type fonts via xfs font server

I havee been able to successfully install and verify that my xfs font server is working via the command

fslsfonts -server unix/:7100 (run as user shell) it displays all the fonts that are available but when I have added it to my XF86Config file to tell X server to use the xfs font server and have restarted X, when I try to now verify that the xfsfonts are visible using the command

xlsfonts, it give me the error that there are no font servers found?