Re: help with dselect (on m68k)

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, David said:
> OK, I've figured out (at least partially) what is going on. dselect is
> working just fine and so is everything else, except the actual CD. I gave
> up on dselect and rebooted, then mounted the debian CD and discovered
> that my system sees all the folders on it as just plain text files.
> That's why it can't find the directories when I direct it to them.
> This is probably my fault, though I'm not exactly sure why. I downloaded
> the cd image from the debian ftp site and made a CD. I was sure to make
> it 9660 format and can see all the files and folders on it with my Mac, I
> just can't get to them with the Linux box.
>
> Has anyone made a CD for 68K Mac from this image before? Is so, what is
> the secret. I tried making another disk at only 2x speed and that didn't
> work either. I know I have a complete valid CD image, I just can't copy
> it.

What command did you use to make the cd?  You need to use a byte for byte
duplicator in order to make the cd from the image. Did you use Linux to make
the cd with dd if=[/file/cd/image] of=[/device/name/of/cdwriter] or did you
use a mac utility?  A byte for byte duplicator will put the filesystem on the
cd for you as it is contained in the image.

-ptw-