Re: netatalk setup

On 27/1/2000 Guyren G Howe wrote:

socket: Invalid argument
atalkd: can't get interfaces, exiting

Thinking I might need to load a module, I ran modconf, but there is nothing
about appletalk, atalk or anything similar in the net section there, or
anywhere else for that matter.

Yet when I do apt-get install netatalk, it says I have the latest version
installed.

So how do I get this working?

you probably need to recompile your kernel with Appletalk support, either that or dispense with Appletalk and just setup your appleshare shares over tcp/ip exclusively. if however you are needing to deal with appletalk only printers you can't go that route..

Ethan