Re: Is there a utility out there...

look what module redhat used ? :/

or you can download the OSS demo from www.opensound.com it has a soundcard
detection/installation routine,  i think u can use that, then uninstall
OSS(or pay for it) to see what kind of card it is.

nate

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Michael Jessop wrote:

mjesso >...that will detect my sound board and tell me what module/driver/other
mjesso >settings I need to set in my kernel?  I have a not-so-well known board and I
mjesso >do not have the documentation for it (came as a package deal already set up
mjesso >inside my PC).  It was detected by Redhat and worked fine, but I am not sure
mjesso >how to go about getting sound with my Debian.
mjesso >
mjesso >Also, I still do not understand why when I upgrade to Potato, my kernel is
mjesso >not upgraded as well.  Can someone explain this to me (in simple terms,
mjesso >pretend I am 2 with an IQ of a one year old).  Do I have to do something
mjesso >special to upgrade my kernel from 2.0.36 to 2.2.x??
mjesso >
mjesso >Thank you!
mjesso >
mjesso >Mike