Re: less and color

-> I have got the same problem with 'more' and 'less' too.
->
-> How did you configure 'ls' for displaying colors when piping to 'more' ?

-> I have setup the ls command to use the display color option using an
-> alias.  It works fine.  Colors are also displayed nicely when piping
-> ls stdout to the more command.  I want to use less instead of
-> more.  However, when piping ls stdout to the less command, less displays
-> the directory listing in b/w and with control characters (escape seq with
-> hex numbers?) around the filenames instead of just using the correct
-> colors.

that's problem of lls not less try

ls --color=always | less -r

but the problem is in that case less doesn't know how long the line is and
doesn't correctly diaplay it.
--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, sysadmin at NEXTRA, Slovakia; IRCNET admin of *.sk
 uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/ ; http://www.nextra.sk/