Re: Majordomo Trouble

On Wed, Jan 26, 2000 at 07:35:32AM -0800, aphro wrote:
> what user/group is uid 30/group 31 ? majordomo usually pukes when trying
> to write to /var/log/majordomo so check permissions on that thats the only
> directory where i have recieved a similar error with (although it was kind
> enough to tell me the exact directory)

      The UID and GID there belong to majordom.  Actually, shlock was
complaing either about root directory permissions or majordomo $HOME
(/var/lib/majordomo) permissions, from the looks of the error message
received.  Should any permissions in the /var/lib/majordomo directory
be set to majordomo:majordomo, as they are supposed to be in the
/var/lib/majordomo/lists directory?

> while your at it check the permissions of the wrapper script, if your
> concerned with security make sure it is chmod o-x, then adjust permissions
> accordingly so majordomo will work.(slight majordomo security issue, which
> by the maintainers is infact intentional so not likly it will get "fixed")

     Ok, I'll try that.  Is the wrapper script majordomo.pl, and should that
be set to majordomo:majordomo or remain as root:root?  Thanks for the reply,
Nate.

                                                           _Art