Re: problem to load NLS charset cp437(nls_cp437) and others

On Wed, Jan 26, 2000 at 10:21:03AM +0100, Hans Ekbrand wrote:
> I looked at /lib/modules/2.0.36/fs/ and the files nls_cp437.o and
> nls_iso8859_1.o are there, as are several files with similar names,
> could these two be currupted?
>
> I read the man modconf as you suggested, but I don't know if I
> really understood. /etc/modules holds the following entries:
>
> vfat
> lp
> serial
> sg
> ppp

Judging from the above you are using a 2.0.x kernel and I'm guessing
you are mounting a Windows/DOS parition at boot.  As the 2.0 kerneld
kernel module loader is started later in the boot process than
mounting all your partitions, you get these warnings when your try to
mount a FAT partition (it needs them to translate filenames, etc).
You can fix this by adding the Native Language/Codepage support you
need directly by simply listing them in /etc/modules.

HTH,

Ian.