Re: mouse

> I got the xwindows to work but the mouse is not working.  I use the
> Microsoft mouse driver when I setup the mouse but it seems like that does
> not work. Can anyone help me with this problem.

I don't have enough information to really help you, but if your mouse
plugs into your PS/2 port, 95% of the time you choose the PS/2
protocol and /dev/psaux as your device in /etc/X11/XF86config:

    Protocol    "PS/2"
    Device      "/dev/psaux"

If it's not a PS/2 mouse, you might consider running

    /usr/bin/X11/XF86Setup

because it lets you fiddle with mouse properties until the mouse works.

Chris
--
Christopher S. Swingley           tel: 907-474-2689 fax: 474-2643
930 Koyukuk Drive, Suite 408C     email: cswingle@iarc.uaf.edu

PGP key: http://www.frontier.iarc.uaf.edu:8080/~cswingle/pubkey.asc