Re: xfree

James Taylor wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I just want to know (before I start the configuration program) whether
> the xfree86 version that shipped with the Debian release funded by SGI,
> VA linux, et al. included support for the Nvidia TNT2 Ultra chipset.
> Does anyone know?
>
> Thanks,
>
> James

It comes with XFree86, version 3.3.4 - as of approximately 2 months
ago, that is.

This item suggests that is does support the Riva TNT2 chipset:

http://www.xfree86.org/3.3.4/NVIDIA1.html#1

( I do not know about the " Ultra" portion )

Upgrading X via apt-get is not difficult.

Cheers,

Howard Mann                   Online Troubleshooting Resources: HOWTO
http://www.newbielinux.com    http://www.xmission.com/~howardm/t1.html