Re: newbie needs help veiwing files

--- DOUGLAS HUNTER <l97dh@tay.ac.uk> wrote:
> When I'm in bash and trying to ls large files I can only see the last
> part of the file due to it scrolling past too fast.
> Is there a command to insert that means I can veiw the output page by
> page and change pages when I want to ?

ls | more

The pipe ('|') feeds stdout from the first command into stdin of the second
one.

> I've also got a problem with GNOME in that the screen only partially
> fits onto my monitor any idea where I can find the config file for this?

/etc/X11/XF86Config

Reverse the order of the modes in the appropriate Screen Section towards the
end of the file.

Michel

=====
"Software is like sex; it's better when it's free"
 -- Linus Torvalds

"If you continue running Windows, your system may become unstable."
 -- Windows 95 BSOD