Re: updatedb error

> Anyone come across this on potato?
>

> enterprise:/home/patrick# updatedb
> /usr/bin/updatedb: frcode: command not found
> updatedb: new database would be empty
> enterprise:/home/patrick#
>
> Suggestions as to cause and how to fix appreciated.

It's a bug in the findutils pacakge; it's already been reported several
times.  The fix is to change the lines:

# The directory containing the subprograms.
: ${LIBEXECDIR=@libexecdir@}

# The directory containing find.
: ${BINDIR=@bindir@}

starting at line 80 to read:

# The directory containing the subprograms.
: ${LIBEXECDIR=/usr/lib/locate}

# The directory containing find.
: ${BINDIR=/usr/bin}

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch@creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein