Re: postgresql 6.5.3-9 (problem with postgresql-startup)

Michele Bianchi wrote:

  >i found these problems in /usr/lib/postgresql/bin/postgresql-startup
  >
  >i fix line 131 with a \ before *:
  >
  >  minbuf=`expr $BACKENDCOUNT \* 2`
  >
  >and line 132 with the ":
  >
  >  if [ -n "$BUFFERS" ]
  >
  >i use the bash...  i think it's better to surround the vars with the double
  >quotes in the if-statements, but i'm not a sh-script expert.
  >i hope it will be useful.  any questions welcome.

Thanks to you and all the others who have reported this;  I am aiming to
upload a fixed version tonight, so (you list readers) there's no need
for any more reports about it.

     "My little children, let us not love in word, neither
      in tongue; but in deed and in truth."
                                            I John 3:18