Re: xconsole has vanished!

On Mon, Jan 24, 2000 at 07:32:29PM -0600, David J. Kanter wrote:
> Yesterday I updated my XFree86 packages, and now the iconized xconsole
> window that used to appear when starting fvwm is gone. If I log on as root,
> it's there but as a regular user it's not.
>
> What happened?

I'm guessing, but there was some discussion a while back that allowing
all users to view the output of /dev/xconsole was not a good idea.
Perhaps the configuration was thusly changed?  Anyway, to fix add
yourself to the group adm (adduser <yourname> adm), logout and login,
add a line in ~/.xession to start xconsole.
| Eric G. Miller                        egm2@jps.net |
| GnuPG public key: http://www.jps.net/egm2/gpg.asc  |