Re: Lilo ?

On Mon, Jan 24, 2000 at 02:57:16PM -0800, cedric wrote:
> Bought Debian from LInuxMall and it came with a free RH 6.1
> CD. I decided to update from RH60 to 6.1 first. Every thing
> went fine during the install and setup. Now, LILO does not
> work. When I enter 'dos' at the LILO prompt nothing happens.
> It just sits there and I have to reboot. I would like to
> solve this before installing Debian.
>
> Any ideas on how to solve this?

Boot into Linux.  Check /etc/lilo.conf matches your set-up and change as
required.  Run lilo to reinstall it on the boot record of you disk.
Reboot and try 'dos' at the prompt.

Any additional problems and you'll have to describe your disk set-up,
what you want to happen, and any error messages from lilo you get.

HTH.

--
Regards,
Paul