Re: Cannot mount all CDs

you cannot mount a music cd, it kjust doesnt work :) just tell the cd
player to play directly from the drive (e.g. /dev/cdrom or /dev/scd0
..etc)

nate

On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, David J. Kanter wrote:

djkant >This is odd: I can only mount some of the CDs I've put into my CD-ROM. Why?
djkant >
djkant >I've tried 4 CDs: three music CDs and one Quake 3 CD. The Quake CD and one
djkant >music CD (which, incidentally, has some Windows videos on it) mount fine.
djkant >The other music CDs give me this error when mounting:
djkant >
djkant >milwaukee:/home/david# mount /dev/cdrom
djkant >mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom,
djkant >       or too many mounted file systems
djkant >
djkant >What gives? The default mount type is iso9660---could that be the problem?
djkant >Are not all CDs iso9660s? I've noticed that when I close the CD tray on the
djkant >working CDs, there is a little spin-up that's absent on the CDs that won't
djkant >mount.
djkant >
djkant >Thanks.
djkant >--