Getting DHCP working with windows

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to get a DPHC working for my MASQ'd network - primarily so
that windows machines can come and go as they please. So far, however, I
haven't been having much luck. All I have to test it at the moment is an
NT4 Server box, and that can't find the DHCP server.

I'm running pretty vanilla slink, with a 2.2.13 kernel (and the 2.2
update for netbase)

The DHCP server I'm running is as below:

callisto% dpkg -l|grep dhcp
ii  dhcp-beta       2.0b1pl6-0.2   DHCP server for automatic IP address
assignm

I've also tried adding the 255.255.255.255 route as described in the
HOWTO, but it didn't make any difference.

Any advice would be appreciated...

The conf is as follows...

callisto% cat /etc/dhcpd.conf

server-identifier 192.168.1.1;

default-lease-time 600;
max-lease-time 7200;

option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
option domain-name "empire.net.au";
option domain-name-servers 192.168.1.1;
option routers 192.168.1.1;
option broadcast-address 192.168.1.255;

subnet 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
range 192.168.1.100 192.168.1.200;
}

host wizard {
hardware ethernet 00:20:18:43:ff:a5;
fixed-address 192.168.1.10;
}

--
Damon Muller (dm-sig6@empire.net.au) /  It's not a sense of humor.
* Criminologist                     /  It's a sense of irony