netscape: cannot perform malloc

Hi!

I run debian stable, and want to use netscape instead of mozilla. So I
downloaded the whole stable/non-free/binary-i386/web directory, got
the missing netscape-base-4 package, too, and installed the newest
netscape/navigator/communicator packages. However, when I try starting
netscape, I get these messages:

ERROR: /usr/lib/netscape/45/communicator/plugins/libnullplugin.so:
undefined symbol: FE_GetToplevelWidgetCant load plugin /usr/lib/
netscape/45/communicator/plugins/libnullplugin.so. Ignored.Warning:
 Name: openOrBringUpBrowser    Class: XfeButton    Creating an active
drop site with no drop proc.
Error: Cannot perform malloc

I'm quite new to debian, sorry if I'm doing something stupid here.
Maybe the debian method to install this would have been usage of apt-
get, but internet at home costs money, so I prefer to burn the stuff I
need onto a CD at work.

        Alex
--
  Alex Schuster     Wonko@weird.cologne.de          PGP Key available