Re: Debian equivalent of RH's rc.local?

Hi.  If you are using modules for your sound,
you can modify the conf.modules file to run a
program after a module is loaded.  The following
is the pertinent line from my conf.modules file:

  post-install sb /bin/volume 10

This line runs the volume program with a parameter
of '10' (a low volume) after the sb module is loaded.
This seems like the easiest way to handle the boot-up
loud sound problem (and I'm sure not the only way).

More details can be found in the modprobe manpage.

---
tony mollica
tmollica@silcom.com