Re: Debian equivalent of RH's rc.local?

On Sat, Jan 22, 2000 at 12:55:48PM -0500, Maciej Kalisiak wrote:
> How does one add commands to be executed after the machine boot is complete?
> When my box starts up, the sound levels are maxed out, and I'd like to be able
> to have the boot up process invoke a utility to bring them down to more
> reasonable levels.  In RedHat I remember I placed stuff like this in
> /etc/rc.d/rc.local, or something similar.

Put your one-time script links in /etc/rcS.d and the actual scripts in
/etc/init.d. These scripts are executed at every runlevel. There are
READMEs in /etc/rcS.d and /etc/init.d. /etc/rc.boot is deprecated.
| Eric G. Miller                        egm2@jps.net |
| GnuPG public key: http://www.jps.net/egm2/gpg.asc  |