Re: All Gnome packages are broken?

> I reinstalled Debian and want to go with Gnome instead of KDE, but
> am having trouble apt-getting it. All the Gnome stuff seems to be
> missing or broken on the frozen and potato and unstable trees of
> http://http.us.debian.org/debian (I've tried all three). Whenever I try to
> install any of the packages, I get some paragraphs about why it might
> be missing or it might have been moved and stuff like that, and then
> the dependences are listed like this:
>     Depends: NAME_OF_PACKAGE but it is not going to be installed
> Is it just http.us.debian.org or are all the mirrors like this? It's been
> happening since around 10pm yesterday (Friday).

Should I report this somewhere? It's starting to be a while since I've
first had this problem and it doesn't seem to be fixed with other mirrors
(I've made sure to pick one that definitely has the packages I want). Usually
these types of problems are fixed rather quickly. Much quicker than this
one.

I've tried http://ftp.tux.org/pub/distributions/debian/ with potato and the
task-gnome-apps package is definitely at:
http://ftp.tux.org/pub/distributions/debian/dists/potato/main/binary-i386/x11/

So what's the problem? Is there something I can do on my end? Here's
the whole line that I'm using:
deb http://ftp.tux.org/pub/distributions/debian/ potato main contrib non-free

--
Bart Szyszka bart@gigabee.com ICQ:4982727