sgml-tools, LinuxDoc, and customization

Hello,
	I am not sure exactly where to ask this question, but the
README.Debian file for sgml-tools says that version 1 is orphaned
upstream. I take that to mean that I might not get help from the
upstream authors.
	Anyway my problem is this: I am writing a HOWTO in LinuxDoc
format. I would like to be able to (locally) customize the HTML output
and add custom nav links to the top and bottom of each page. Is it
possible to do this with SGML Tools v1? If so, what do I edit and
change?

later,
joseph
--
the "LaterDude"
ICQ: 52640402

All opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of
my employer unless otherwise noted.