Re: Installin' X...

> Hi! Is there anyway somone could give me step-by-step directions on
> installing a working x windows system with gnome and enlightenment? I
> need to know what packages I should apt-get, and then what commands to
> run after I apt-get them and install them. I would greatly appreciate
> it. Thanks a lot. Bye.

This is what I do for X11:
apt-get install xf86setup xfonts-100dpi xfonts-75dpi xfonts-base xfonts-scalable xfree86-common xfstt
xserver-common xserver-svga;

For enlightenment:
apt-get install enlightenment enlightenment-data

You can add enlightenment-theme-bluesteel enlightenment-theme-brushedmetal enlightenment-theme-shinymetal

For Gnome, go to:
http://www.debian.org/Packages/unstable/allpackages.html

Search for gnome-admin on that page and then see which one of the gnome-*
packages you want and do an apt-get install; for them.

--
Bart Szyszka bart@gigabee.com ICQ:4982727
B Grafyx http://www.bgrafyx.com