PPP and masquerading problem

Hi all!

I have a problem with masquerading on PPP connection with Internet.

My machine at home is in a small LAN - with a second PC connected to mine
with ethernet.
And I have a modem on my PC wich I use to connect to internet via PPP.
I also have IP masquerading support compiled in kernel (kernel version is
2.2.14) and
ipmasq package installed.
Ah, my Debian is slink, but all standard packages are from potato - all
networking stuff, etc.

And my problem is:
After establishing connection with my ISP I cannot ping my ppp0 gateway,
but after disabling ipmasquerading all is good (I have access to
internet),
and when I switch back to masquerade Inet is unreachable back.
All settings in ipmasq configs are default (except that in
/etc/ipmasq/modules - I've
uncommented "all" - so all modules can be loaded)

So, who can tell me where is the problem? What do I have to do to fix it?
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Greetings, aDEk

       _________         ___.  ____              adrian zurek