Re: Remote xterm trouble

Roger Pittman <roger@pinnacle.com> writes:
> On Tue, Jan 18, 2000 at 02:16:36PM -0700, Gary Hennigan wrote:
> > Is anyone else having remote xterm trouble? ...
>
>   I am.  Remote boxes are Ultra 1's, AXi's, and AXMP's, running
> Solaris 2.6 or 7.  Worked fine until a recent apt-get run.  If I
> telnet in via an xterm, well, it's hosed.  Eg in vi, the ':q' to
> quit displays on the top line, trying to move the cursor may
> appear to do nothing, may jump around by several rows and/or
> columns at a time, may disappear completely, who knows.  $TERM,
> $LINES, and $COLUMNS are all correct.  Remote access via a terminal
> window (dtterm) still works ok, so getting by for now.

Exactly the same problem! I'd fire off a bug report but so much was
upgraded during my apt-get run that I don't know where to start.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to go about finding the offending
piece of software? My best guess is that the xterm definition got
hosed up somehow, but an xterm works fine if you log in locally.

Gary