bootable CD on non cd booting machine?

List folks
and Richard --

The subject line almost says it all:

How can I make a bootable CD boot on hardware that does not support
booting from a CD?

In particular, have the rescue CD from the Atlanta Linux Showcase,
but the machine I really want to use it on does not boot from CD.

I could put syslinux on floppy and point things to the CD or I could
dd the kernel from my system to a floppy and point things into the
cd.  The structure of that disk is a little strange to me.  Do you
have a suggestion on how to set things up for that disk?

If there is a more appropriate forum, a pointer will be appreciated.
Meanwhile, I'll be hacking at this.

--David
David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.